We get a lot of weird questions at my job, and yesterday saw a repeat of one of my favorites: “I read online that an ingredient in YOUR products is also in RAT POISON!!! What do you have to say about that?!?!?!”
(This question always seems to be accompanied by the gotcha punctuation.)
And I LOVE being able to say, “Yep. It sure is.”
Because THEN I get to say, “See, it’s Vitamin D3. In high enough doses, it would be toxic to us too.”
(Yesterday I was accused of “enjoying it too much.” But I say if you can squeeze some joy out of educating someone about rat poison and vitamin toxicity, you should go for it!)
I am always surprised when I realize that not everyone understood what Captain Kirk was talking about in ‘The Trouble With Tribbles,’ when he said:
“Too much of anything, Lieutenant, even love, isn’t necessarily a good thing.”
Tons of things that are super good for us in small amounts are bad for us in huge amounts! Vitamins! Minerals! Water! Tribbles! This should not be brand new information to anyone!
In conclusion, watch Star Trek for life lessons, and don’t eat rat poison.
Mirrored from The Marci Rating System.