1. I laughed! I cried! I saw two women on the screen at the same time!
2. I liked it more than the first one!
3. Baby Groot is still voiced by Vin Diesel. (Aww….)
4. Peter said he’s been flying the Milano since he was ten years old. (And then Rocket says he’s cybernetically designed to fly a spaceship, which — really?)
5. Possibly the best recurring theme: Nebula being 10,000% done with everything.
6. Best plot news of the day: this movie has nothing to do with Infinity Stones. (The events of the first movie are briefly mentioned, but no new Infinity Gauntlet related plot occurs.*)
7. Baby Groot is flipping adorable. The apparently irresistible waving thing — super cute.
8. Remote piloted fighter ships are possibly the smartest idea ever for a space battle. I vote we ret-con the entire Nova Corps fleet to also be remote piloted, because then I could finally stop crying about That Scene from the first movie.
9. I absolutely do not believe they were ever planning on leaving Nebula in a prison on Xandar.
10. [*ETA apparently there was a comics callout to one of the infinity gems in one of the post-credits scenes. Also, there are multiple post-credits scenes, FYI.]
Mirrored from The Marci Rating System.