An early workaday post this week! Because it’s a pretty big week at work, with the WORKPLACE YANKEE SWAP happening tomorrow.
RULES OF A WORKPLACE YANKEE SWAP
1. Scratch tickets create a weird, verging on scary, animosity: not recommended.
2. Alcohol may or may not be banned by the new workplace policies: not recommended.
3. The CEO may or may not attend: be advised.
4. Assume everyone will find out which gift you brought, regardless of how many people participate.
5. Bring a gift you wouldn’t mind taking home yourself. (Note: taking your own gift is often frowned upon, but typically not *actually* against the rules.)
SO WHAT AM I BRINGING TO THE YANKEE SWAP?
Okay, so the other thing yankee swaps are good for is passing along things that you don’t want but feel bad about throwing away. So half of my gift is the Boy Scout popcorn I bought from my neighbor. (It’s caramel corn. Bleh. But someone might like it! It is a Not Awful gift.)
And since I felt like I wanted to raise my gift slightly above Not Awful level, the other half of it is a set of OXO clips of varying sizes. Some are magnetic! It is a kickin’ gift I would be happy to get for myself.
HOW WILL IT GO? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!
COUNTDOWN TO W.Y.S: 28 hours and counting
Mirrored from The Marci Rating System.